Please read this entire page which explains the adoption process.
Once you have read the process, click on the highlighted text at the bottom of the page that states “I have read and understand the adoption process.” This will take you to the adoption application form. Filling out this form is the first step in the adoption process.
DFW Pug Rescue Club, Inc., does not “sell” pugs. We adopt them to compatible homes for an adoption fee of $175 for senior pugs, $250 for mature pugs, $300 for pugs age 1-3 years old and $350 for puppies under 12 months of age. Pugs are not placed on a “first come, first serve” basis.
We try to match up the needs of the pug with the desires and lifestyle of the adopting family. Pugs who are adopted through us have been examined by a veterinarian, neutered or spayed, vaccinated, are on heartworm preventative and have been micro chipped. In many cases, the pug may have had other medical procedures or surgery while in our care. They are all heartworm tested and, if positive, have been treated prior to adoption. DFW Pug Rescue will disclose any medical conditions which we know about prior to the adoption. Sometimes very little or nothing is known about the previous care or treatment. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the health of our rescued pugs.
1. If you are at least 21 years of age and are considering adopting a pug, the first step is to complete the adoption application online.
2. When we feel that we have matched you with a potential pug, we will contact you. There are many factors that go into matching a pug, so please be patient. We promise the wait will be worth it.
3. Next, a DFWPRC volunteer will do a home check to make sure that the home is suitable for the pug and, to get to know the prospective adoptee.
4. The last step in the adoption process is the contract. This contract requires, that the adoptive family keep up with all of the pug’s medical needs, including all medications. We reserve the right to make home visits to our adopted pugs after the adoption is completed. In addition, this agreement requires the adopter to contact DFWPRC if he or she can no longer keep the dog for any reason. The pug must be returned to DFWPRC. A DFWPRC dog cannot be sold or placed with someone other than the adopting family. Sometimes things just don’t work out or circumstances dictate the need for you to give up your pug. If for any reason you are unable to keep the pug you adopt, contact us and we will take the pug back into our program. If you purchase a pug or adopt a pug from another source or are otherwise no longer interested in adopting from DFWPRC, please send us a note or email so we may take you off of our list.
Prior to adoption, all pets in your home must be neutered or spayed, unless there is a medical reason not to do so. Please discuss any exceptions with your adoption counselor.
Adoption Fee: $175 for senior pugs, $250 for mature pugs, $300 for pugs age 1-3 years old and $350 for puppies under 12 months of age, this includes micro-chipping.
The adoption fee is considered a donation and non-refundable, for any reason. If the pug you adopt does not adjust well to your home, and/or you feel the pug is not a good fit for your home, we will take the pug back into our organization and will work with you to get another pug.
1. Pay the $12.50 Application Fee (non-Refundable), click Donate below.
2. I have read the above, paid the application fee, and am now ready to fill out the online application.
Your application will start the approval process once the fee is paid.