Adopting a pug into your family is a big commitment. When you are ready to adopt, we ask you complete our adoption process so we can help find the best pug for you. This process could take some time depending on your preferences and our current intake of adoption ready pugs.
DFW Pug Rescue Club, Inc., does not “sell” pugs. We adopt them to compatible homes and are not placed on a “first come, first serve” basis. Final adoption fees are $300 for pugs 1-3 years old, $250 for pugs 3-8 years old, $175 for senior pugs age 8 years and older, and $350 for puppies under 12 months of age. If you are interested in two pugs at the same time, seniors are 2 for 1 at $175 or you can pair a senior with an adult pug for $250.
We try to match up the needs of the pug with the desires and lifestyle of the adopting family. Pugs who are adopted through us have been examined by a veterinarian, neutered or spayed, vaccinated, are on heartworm preventative and have been micro chipped. In many cases, the pug may have had other medical procedures or surgery while in our care. They are all heartworm tested and, if positive, have been treated prior to adoption. DFW Pug Rescue will disclose any medical conditions which we know about prior to the adoption. Sometimes very little or nothing is known about the previous care or treatment. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the health of our rescued pugs.
If the pug you adopt does not adjust well to your home, and/or you feel the pug is not a good fit for your home, we will take the pug back into our organization and will work with you to get another pug.
Please Note: DFW Pug Rescue adopts pugs to Texas residents as well as residents in bordering states.
1. You must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Fill out the adoption application.
3. We will contact you to determine your preferences, find out about your daily schedule, and talk about your previous experience with pets.
If you already have pets, we will need copies of their individual records to ensure they have been spayed/neutered and vaccinated. If there is a medical reason not to do so, please discuss any exceptions with your adoption counselor.
4. Next, we will visit your home to see the environment where the dog will live and answer your questions. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to integrate your new pug into your home.
5. When we have matched you with a potential pug, we will contact you to set up a meeting with their current foster.
6. The final step is the contract* and adoption fee. $300 for pugs 1-3 years old, $250 for pugs 3-8 years old, $175 for senior pugs age 8 years and older, and $350 for puppies under 12 months of age. Seniors are 2 for 1 at $175 or you can pair a senior with an adult pug for $250
BONUS! Now that you are a new pug parent, subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with what’s new in DFW Pug Rescue!
*This contract requires, that the adoptive family keep up with all of the pug’s medical needs, including all medications. We reserve the right to make home visits to our adopted pugs after the adoption is completed. In addition, this agreement requires the adopter to contact DFWPRC if he or she can no longer keep the dog for any reason. The pug must be returned to DFWPRC. A DFWPRC dog cannot be sold or placed with someone other than the adopting family. Sometimes things just don’t work out or circumstances dictate the need for you to give up your pug. If for any reason you are unable to keep the pug you adopt, contact us and we will take the pug back into our program. If you purchase a pug or adopt a pug from another source or are otherwise no longer interested in adopting from DFWPRC, please send us a note or email so we may take you off of our list.